Meehan Crist is writer-in-residence in Biological Sciences at Columbia University. Previously, she was editor-at-large at Nautilus and reviews editor at The Believer. Her work has appeared in publications such as The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, Nautilus, The Believer, Lapham's Quarterly, StoryQuarterly, Bookforum, Scientific American, and Science. She holds an MFA from Columbia University and is a founding member of NeuWrite, a collaborative working group for scientists and writers. She teaches both scientific and creative writing, and awards include the 2015 Rona Jaffe Foundation Writer's Award, the Olive B. O'Connor Fellowship, and fellowships from MacDowell, The Blue Mountain Center, Ucross, and Yaddo.
- Crist, M. (2016, March 17). The Quest to Save Coral Reefs. The Atlantic
- Crist, M. (2016, Jan 3). The Miracle Cure That Wasn’t: ‘White Matter’ on the personal tragedy of lobotomy. The Los Angeles Times
- Crist, M. (2015, June 26) Can New Research & Old Traditions Save Fiji From Ecological Collapse? Nautilus
- Crist, M. (2014, August 14). Postcards From the Edge of Consciousness. Nautilus
- Crist, M. and Requarth, T. (2013, June 30). From the Mouths of Babes and Birds. The New York Times
- Crist, M. (2013, June 28). Recall of the Wild. The New York Times
- Crist, M. (2013, February 22). Rats Who Giggle: The New World of Animal Cognition. The New Republic
- Crist, M. (2012, Oct. 10). The New Wounded by Catherine Malabou. Bookforum
- Crist, M. (2012, May 26). Old and New Neurons Trade Roles to Aid Memory. Scientific American
- Crist, M. and Requarth, T. (2012, March 21). It's All in Your Head: The Problems With Jonah Lehrer's Imagine. The Millions
- Crist, M. (2009, Fall). Notes on Dissection. Lapham's Quarterly
- Crist, M. (2013, January 18). Remembering My Mother Forgetting. Studio 360. NPR. http://www.studio360.org/2013/jan/18/true-story-remembering-my-mother-forgetting/
In The Media:
- Danna. S. (2012, March). La scrittrice che insegna come transformare le formule in poesia.